Friday, May 28, 2010

Oliver Who Would Not Sleep!


Oliver Donnington Rimington-Sneep COULDN'T and DIDN't and WOULD NOT SLEEP! so starts the book Olvier Who Would not Sleep! by Mara Bergman and illustrated by Nick Maland. It became an instant favorite with us. It's reminiscent of the children's classic by Crockett Johnson, Harold and the Purple Crayon. Both tales of imaginative little ones that go on an adventure with beloved toys rather than off to sleep. Oliver takes the readers on an amazing journey into the world of play and imagination. It’s a fun, rhyming read that's a great way to end your day and send your little ones off to sleep filled with wonderful dreams of their own adventures.

2 comments:

  1. I am always looking for books to share with my grandchildren, but I don't remember the ones from when my kids were little (that's what happens when you get old, lol). I can't wait to share this one with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Oliver would get along well with my 2 year old. ;) Thanks so much for the visit today!

    ReplyDelete