Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer Reading Usborne Style- For Baby

Inspired by my link up to Serenity Now, I decided to get going with a summer reading pick post of Usborne Books. I know summer is in full swing but better late then never, right? So here are some of my Usborne book picks for summer by age group, starting with picks for baby.

Ages Infant & up:

Usborne's series of Stoller Books, illustrated by Stella Baggott. These are perfect take along books. They are clip-able, wipe-clean vinyl books to attach to the car seat, stroller, high chair, lay n plays and more. Bright cheerful illustrations of objects and their names can be found on each page. Other titles in this series include: Beep, beep, Brrrrm, Brrrrm, Choo Choo, Baby's Very First Stroller Book Farm, Baby's Very First Stroller Book Rainy Day, Baby's Very First Stroller Book Seaside and Tweet Tweet.

Usborne Bath Books - That’s right bath books for summer reads. Who says bath books are just for the bath try tossing these soft vinyl bath books with attached squeaky toy on a string in the kiddie pool or as we do here a giant tub filled with water and toys. I love integrating books in all sorts of play. Current titles in this series: Flip, Flap, Flop Bath Book, Glug, Glug, Glug Bath Book, Quack, Quack, Quack Bath Book and Jolly Pirate Bath Book.

Usborne Look Through Board Books- By A. Milbourne and R. Wells. Babies will love peeking through the cut outs found on each page in these brightly illustrated simple read board books. Titles included in this series: Panda in the Park, Mouse on the Moon and Bunny on the Beach.

Baby and Toddler Treasury, by Susanna Davidson. This book includes a treasury of rhymes, stories and activities to share with baby. It also has a baby scrapbook section for you to record special events in.

Stay tuned for my Preschool picks!

5 comments:

  1. I love those baby books! I've got a grandson due to be born mid August. :-) Never too soon to start reading to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and congrats on the new Grandson!! My first nephew is due this Aug too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these book ideas! I should get them for my kids!

    Thanks for visiting me at My Junk Drawer! I am following back to get more ideas for good books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl!

    Just to answer your question you left on my blog...No, I don't hem any of the images that I put on the t-shirts. As long as you stitch around them you should have NO problem! Good Luck and happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your preschool picks! COme enter my cd giveaway if you haven't. It really is a great children's cd that I think the kids would LOVE.

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete