Monday, January 3, 2011

January Classic Book -The Snowy Day



Happy New Year! I thought I'd start the 2011 blogging year continuing my classic book of the month series. First up The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats. We just read this classic book for the first time from the library over our winter break. I was a little hesitant, it seemed a bit simple and it is indeed that. It's wonderfully simple, I'll be adding it to my favorite simple reads list. It's a sweet story of a little boy named Peter who heads out to enjoy a snowy day filled with all those little childhood pleasures found in playing outside in the snow. From enjoying the crunch, crunch, crunch of walking in the snow, making tracks, snowmen, sliding to trying to save a bit of the magic in your pocket. The illustrations have a fun vibe to them and are very cute. I love Peter's adorable red snowsuit and pointed snow cap. Your kids will be sure to relate to the fun Peter had on his snowy day and look forward to their own snowy adventures.

3 comments:

  1. Sure looks like the perfect January book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've read that one. It looks familiar. I love snow days. I might have to pick it up next week at the library. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many great memories of reading this book to the children when I had a Montessori school and to my own children when they were little! Thanks for bringing back some wonderful memories!
    Deb @ LivingMontessoriNow.com

    ReplyDelete