Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Heaven is for Real for kids


Heaven is for Real for kids as told by Colton Burpo to his parent Todd & Sonja Burpo and illustrated by Wilson Ong. This book came at a good time as my little girl has started asking questions about God, Heaven and even dieing. So when I saw this book, I thought it might be a helpful read for us. The book shares a glimpse of what the young boy at the time Colton Burpo experienced when he got to visit Heaven while very ill in the Hospital. The picture book highlights key concepts that can be gleamed from the telling of Colton's experience. Things like 'Heaven is wonderful and it is for real!' and that 'Jesus loves the little children'. Key messages like these flow along with the story and touch upon lots of answers to questions or concerns that children might wonder about. Each page is accompanied with a scripture verse anchoring some of the descriptions and experiences that Colton shares with Biblical references. It's a reassuring, comforting book. While I like the text of this book I however did not care for the illustrations. They seemed heavy, smudged and overworked to me. The colors selected I found too bold and some of the color tones were off for me. Because of the illustrations I can only give this book an overall average review.

I received a copy of this book from Booksneeze for the purpose of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment