How many of you grew up reading Little Golden Books? I bet pretty much all of you did. They have been in circulation for 65 years! You can read the history of Little Golden Books at Random House Publishing site. Little Golden Books made great books available for everyone when they hit the market selling for only 25 cents a copy. There are the classic books, religious/inspirational stories, seasonal/holiday books, Disney, Richard Scarry's Busy town books, Little Critter, popular kids characters like Thomas the Tank Engine and Barbie stories and more, whew.
I grew up reading them and now get to enjoy sharing them with my two. We've been fortunate to have been given several copies plus get to read old copies while visiting the Grandparents. They make a GREAT gift and I for one hope they publish Little Golden Books for along time.
Now, of course I have not read all the Golden Books that there are to read, but I have read dozens of them. So my top five are:
1. The Little Red Hen, by Diane Muldrow and J.P. Miller
2. The Pokey Little Puppy, by Janette Sebring Lowrey and Gustaf Tenggren
3. The Shy Little Kitten by Cathleen Schurr and Gustaf Tenggren
4. The Three Little Pigs by Golden Books (its the Disney version, I grew up listening to the songs in this book on a Disney record we had, I love to sing them to my two.)
5. The Golden Egg Book by Margaret Wise Brown
What are your favorite Golden Books?
I am really looking forward to seeing what other titles we should check out!
Magic Beans 31 Days of Giveaways!