We're big fans of Mo Willems around here. Publishing his first children's picture book in 2003, his bibliography has simply exploded. They are almost too numerous to count and he's continuing to write more! I am a huge fan of his humerous, simple writing style and equally simplistic drawing style. And so are my kids. To learn more about Mo Willems visit this link to his site. We went on a Mo Willems reading spree at our library to make sure we've checked out all the books before even attempting to write this post. So here goes...
My top five picks for Mo Willems:
1. Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale - You've got to love a good cautionary tale, no?
2. Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identities - What can I say we're hooked on Trixie and Knuffle.
3. Edwina: The Dinosaur Who Didn't Know She was Extinct - This is so my sense of humor!
4. The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog! - We love the pigeon books but I'd have to say this is one of our favorites. We can not get enough books about sharing over here it seems...repetition, repetition, repetition.
5. I Love my New Toy! - We love the Elephant and Piggie series too, you really can't go wrong here but this is definitly one of my favorites. Oh, the drama!
What are your favorites?
And there's a new Knuffle bunny book on it's way! Knuffle Bunny Free: An Unexpected Diversion is due out September 28th, be sure to check it out!