Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Little Yellow Leaf


The Little Yellow Leaf by Carin Berger, is one of our favorite fall reads. It is a simple beautifully written and equally beautifully illustrated children's book. The story is about a little yellow leaf that just isn't ready to drop from its branch. It hangs on as all the other leaves fall to the ground until it is the last leaf on the tree. This touches not just on the changing of the seasons but on how change in general can be hard. Berger is an award winning designer and illustrator and really delivers some unique illustrations in this book.The stiking illustrations are created using collage, making it a great book to pair with a study on collage art.


10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really sweet book! And I do so love good illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower from Tag-a-Long Tuesday. I have a little boy (age 2), and it's my goal to instill a life long love of reading. I think your blog is a fantastic resource. I'm glad I found you. Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is beautiful--it looks like a piece of artwork. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,

    Oh this sounds like a good read for people of all ages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fall and don't like change, so sounds like a great book for me to read aloud to the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Showcase Sisters is following you from MomsReview4You Wednesday Blog Hop! http://showcasesisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great. I always love to read books that tie into the season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a great book to read each fall. What a great tradition!

    Stopping by to say "Hi" from iFellowship! So glad you linked up today - I love meeting new people!

    Ashley Pichea
    ashleypichea.com
    @apichea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw...what a darling book. Thanks for sharing. I'm a follower! :o) Buzzing by...Happy Thursday! :o) Larri at SeamsInspired

    ReplyDelete