Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February Classic Book - Guess How Much I Love You


Love is in the air this month so I thought I'd share Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney and illustrated by Anita Jeram for our classic book. It's a sweet story of a father nutbrown hare and his son sharing how much they love one another. I used to play the 'guess how much I love you game' with my Mom. Though back then it was just as wide as my arms could reach. While I've always found this read charming it really became a favorite in my heart when my son started playing 'I love you super duper much...' with me in the evenings. It was something he started up all on his own and I look forward to it as part of nightly routine. I guess there's just a time when kids realize that they feel a lot of love for their family and want to express it. As a parent I always want to share that I love them that much too and so starts up our own little game! My two will be getting this classic book for this Valentine's Day! Shhh, don't tell them okay? I love the soft and sweet watercolor illustrations as much as the story.

I would recommend checking out the entire series of Nutbrown Hare reads: When I'm Big (also titled Guess How Much I Love You in the Spring) Colors Everywhere (Guess How Much I Love You in the Summer) A Surprise for the Nutbrown Hares (Guess How Much I Love You in the Fall), Let's Play in the Snow (Guess How Much I Love You in the Winter) or get all four in the complete Guess How Much I Love You all Year Round.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a precious story! And I can tell from the cover illustration that I would just love what's inside! Reminds me of 'Mr. Rabbit and the Lovely Present.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my FAVORITE books! I can't get through it without crying when I say, "to the moon and back". UGH! Love it! I didn't even know about the seasons ones. Love that!

    ReplyDelete