Tuesday, May 3, 2011

When God Created My Toes



When God Created My Toes by Dandi Daley Mackall and illustrated by David Hohn is a fun, easy flowing rhyming read that invites young readers to wonder about how God created them. The text is sweet and simple. It is done all in question sentences matching the inquisitive nature of young children. There are many truths of God's care and love for us in these questions but I was disappointed that it didn't conclude with an answer at the end of the book or a scripture verse about the care God took in creating each one of us. The illustrations were just okay for me. They capture a family going about their daily activities, smiling, having fun together but a majority of them center around the young girl of the family being mischievous in her activities. I don't find them to capture the best example of childhood.


I received a copy of this book from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

1 comment: