Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Gift Idea


One of my favorite Christmas gifts from a couple years ago was The One Year Devotions for Preschoolers by Crystal Bowman and illustrated by Elena Kucharik. I always did Bible story time and scripture reading but really wanted a devotional to do daily with my children. This book was the perfect fit for us. Each lesson is just a page long. There's a short story based on different Biblical truths, a Bible verse to tie the learning to Scripture and a short rhyming prayer. It's not just for teaching your children the Bible but for giving them the practice of daily time in God's word and prayer. There's a lesson for each day of the year and so they are often relate to season which I LOVE. The illustrations are adorable. They feature four sweet little friends as the grow, learn and experience life. We read through it the first year we got it, I took a break this past year and have been filling in with shorter devotional books, Bible stories and such but I really loved having a daily go to devotional activity aside from the usual Bible story book. We're all geared up to read through it again this year and I think next year we'll find The One Year Devotions for Preschoolers 2 by Carla Barnhill and illustrated by Elena Kucharik. I also included Blessings Everyday: 365 Simple Devotions for the Very Young also by Carla Barnhill and Elena Kucharik. While this one is probably too young for my two at this point my Nephew just might be getting this as a present for Christmas next year. I think these make the perfect Christmas gift to give to the special young children in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment