Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Seasons



These next books come from my favorite Usborne series known as their "Picture Books". There are dozens of titles to choose from, all beautifully illustrated and accompanied by an engaging AND educational story of the world around us. Sunny Day, The Windy Day, The Snowy Day, and The Rainy Day, all by Anna Milbourne are four of my favorites from this series. As a Mom of two preschoolers, I love doing 'unit type studies' with my kids. You know pick a theme for the week and find interesting, engaging and educational books and activities to do with them. I love covering the seasons each year as we go from one to the next and these books can be a center to these studies year after year.

Other titles in the Picture Book Series: The Butterfly, How Deep is the Sea?, How High is the Sky?, In the Pond, In the Castle, In the Nest, On the Farm, How Big is a Million?, On the Moon, On the Seashore, Under the Ground, also including Picture Book Classics such as; The Gingerbread Man, The Railway Children, The Secret Garden and LOTS more...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally love that series of books, as well & had no idea there are SO many books in it! We have at least 3 or 4 of them, but hope to add more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My niece and nephew would love these! I'm visiting from New Friend Friday. I signed up to be your follower.

    Paula@One Mom's Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete