Tuesday, September 21, 2010

An Egg is Quiet and A Seed is Sleepy

Well I thought I'd put a little twist on my quiet/sleepy week we're having around here with these two books by Dianne Hutts Aston and illustrated by Sylvia Long.




The First is titled An Egg is Quiet and the second, A Seed is Sleepy. I was thinking I'd post these in the spring but the titles couldn't be more perfect for this week. Besides reading, learning and a study in nature is always in season. Both books are similar to a naturalist journal with elegant text, observations and beautiful watercolor illustrations. Both explore the nature of their respective topics; eggs, seeds and well life. It's more science book than story book but will engage the youngest of readers, it is so lovely to look at and simple to read.

8 comments:

  1. I really like this idea. What could be better than watercolor illustrations! So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those titles do fit in perfectly with your theme for the week, Michelle! That’s a theme I love in the fall, too! And I love the naturalist message and lovely illustrations of these books. Great books to share!

    http://LivingMontessoriNow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watercolor illustrations. My Mom and G'ma were watercolor artists for many years so it's close to my heart. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful books, the illustrations look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Found your blog on Tuesday Tagalong...it's beautiful! Following you :)

    Kristin
    Keenly Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting post! I'm your newest follower! If you have time please check out my blog and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I've been doing a lot of reading & studying about seeds lately - sowing & reaping! What timing!

    Happy iFellowship Day!

    ReplyDelete