Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Quiet Book


I'm in a sleepy, quiet kind of mood these days. School's started, soccer has started and lots of playdates on the books. I feel like we're always on the run so I'm longing for those quiet fall days. You know just watching the leaves change color, long afternoon walks, enjoying the cooler weather. Speaking of weather it is still H-O-T, hot here I think adding to my quieter disposition. So I thought I'd feature some fun sleepy time, quiet time reads this week to match my mood not necessarily our reality. I'd like to start with The Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood and illustrated by Renata Liwska. This is simple read about all the different kinds of quiet. From sleepy time, to fun with friends, to taking in wonders around you there are many kinds of quiets and yes even mischievous quiets. My Mom often says that when we were little if my sister and I were being quiet she knew there was a good chance we were up to something. While not all the quiets might click with you and your young ones, many will and there will probably be others you and your child can add to the list too. The illustrations are sweet and quiet, a perfect match to the text. It is a wonderfully charming read.

5 comments:

  1. I NEED this book for William! He has always been LOUD and the concept of a quiet indoor voice just stymies him. Have to check this one out!!

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always discover the neatest books!

    Thanks so much for joining in Mingle Monday! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys could certainly benefit from this one. They are doing something every second!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice blog! I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for stopping by my blog Pocket Full of Pink. I appreciate your comments. Have a great day-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks for being a follower...sorry I have not followed you back sooner! I have already spotted some books I would love to have for my kids...can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete