Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Loud Book



The Loud Book by Deborah Underwood and illustrated by Renata Liwska is the follow up to this duo's The Quiet Book, which I reviewed back in Sept. This follow up is every bit as charming as the first. Join this adorable cast of animals as they go about their days with a look at all kinds of different LOUDS that kids can create, be startled by, get into and so on. Liwska's illustrations are timeless, effortless and so adorable. These books would make a great pair of reads if talking about contrasts/opposites with you little ones. Ah, childhood is good both quiet and loud!

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing that this isn't a good 'take along to church book.' ;-) Looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my "L", aka my "loud autistic baby" would like this one. He loves to imitate anything that sounds loud. I think it's because he likes the sound of his own voice echoing off the walls.

    ReplyDelete