Friday, June 10, 2011

Top Five Fridays - Joost Elffers and Saxton Freymann

I haven't done a top five Friday in a while and I thought I'd revisit it with the creative duo, Joost Elffers and Saxton Freymann. They have created a wonderfully imaginative series of books for young and old readers alike. They are artists and sculptures with an interesting medium of food. The books are full of color, bold, funny and just grab my kids attention and interest.






1. One Lonely Seahorse - a fun counting book about friendship





2. Gus and Button - Living in a dull, colorless world we find Gus and Button. One day something green blows in from a storm and their adventure begins opening up a whole new world. I love these storyline books and hope this pair collaborates on some more.





3. Food for Thought - explores early learning concepts like colors, shapes, letters and numbers with a food twist









4. How are you Peeling? - My two love taking turns telling me what the different foods were feeling based on their expressions.






5. Do You Love Me? by Joost Elffers - Moves away from foods but still follows the same graphic layout and bold color compositions. Sweet, simple, reassuring read about how much parents love their little ones.




What are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment